Welcome to my blog! I'll try to update it relatively often, I promise. Oh and I stuck Tetris down at the bottom because it looked cool, so have fun with that.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So little time left!

I can't believe how fast this semester has gone by!  I have my final for my regular-enrollment art history class on Monday and the rest of my classes for foreigners end in about three weeks (they started later than art did).  Spain is on the trimester system so the semester ends a lot faster for me.  From there I'm taking a trip with my wonderful friends to Mallorca to hang out on the beach for the weekend!  Then I'll come back and stay in Barcelona for a few days before going out to London to meet up with a friend from my art class who lives there.  Gawdon Bennett!!  Then I return to Barcelona and recover for a day or two before my parents come.  I'll show them around the city before the three of us visit Paris and southern France.  Then I come home!  I'm really excited about all the trips I'm taking after school ends, and I can't wait to see everyone back home again, but I don't ever want to leave!  It's so sad :(

Today has so far been a pretty chill day.  I woke up around 10:30 to meet three friends to work on a homework assignment for spanish.  Luckily, this homework assignment is pretty easy.  It involves taking an hour-long walk and writing up a description of where we went.  On Friday we're exchanging our work with the other group (there are only 8 people in our class) and spending the rest of the class time taking a stroll outside.  Yessssss I like assignments like this.  So our group went to the nearby mountain/big hill called Montjuïc, and walked past the art gallery, Olympic Stadium, through some gardens, and down into a nearby neighborhood.  And the nice weather pretty much topped it all off  :)

After we finished that around 12:30, I came home and changed to go on a run.  I've been really wanting to run to the Sagrada Familia (incredible Modernist church designed by Antoni Gaudí; it´s easily the most famous "attraction" in Barcelona) but it's a bit far from my house so I hadn't gone before.  But today I finally went!  I'm completely exhausted because I hadn't run in a week, but it was the perfect weather for running and I got to see the Sagrada Familia again!  Here's a few pictures of it that I took in January:


I wanted to stop running and just sit and stare for 20 minutes, but sadly I continued on my run.  I need to take a walk over there sometime to take more time to revel in it's amazing glory.  That's going on my list of things to do.  Mom and Dad: I'm taking you here, you have no choice!

Mmk well that's all for now.  Hasta pronto!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool post, Rose. I am worried that you really WON'T come home! I can't wait to taste the wonderful food (I think I will like Mediterranean food judging from the photos you sent.) Yes, our trip is getting closer. I haven't done anything to get ready other that to start reading ROMANS in the Bible. You know at that time he was intending a visit to Spain but I don't know that Paul ever made it. Stay safe and healthy, and we will see you soon. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete