Welcome to my blog! I'll try to update it relatively often, I promise. Oh and I stuck Tetris down at the bottom because it looked cool, so have fun with that.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mi Ciudad Nueva!

Okay first off, I decided that Barcelona is the best city ever, so I'm quitting school after this semester and finding a waitressing job so I can live here forever.

Now that I've put that out there, I guess it goes without saying that BARCELONA IS AMAZING.  Oh and the metro is awesome.  Austin needs one.  The metro is so amazing that I've avoided getting around on foot out of fear of getting lost, and have been totally dependent on underground travelling.

Now for a little about the program I'm in here.  It's called CIEE (no idea what that stands for), and I'm in the liberal arts division.  So far my favorite thing about CIEE has been the "Guardian Angels" they've given us.  The forty of us were divided into groups of seven or eight and assigned a student from La Universitat Pompeu Fabra who has been showing us around the city.  Mine is named Lluís, and he's been a lot of fun to hang out with.  I need to talk to the other GAs more because they all seem really cool too.  Hmm, what else...  I'm living with a Spanish woman and her four year old daughter here, which has been wonderful so far.  Tomorrow es El Dia de los Reyes (which is like Christmas), and the three kings bring all the kids gifts during the night.  So after I got home I snuck into the kitchen and left the little girl, Julia, some candies for the morning.

Okay that's all for now because it's late and I'm going to bed.  Bye!

1 comment: