Welcome to my blog! I'll try to update it relatively often, I promise. Oh and I stuck Tetris down at the bottom because it looked cool, so have fun with that.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thought of the day, 27/1/11

I’ve decided that since I’m often busy or lazy and don’t sit down to write blog posts very often, I’m going to start making little short ones in between the others.  So here’s one for today:

IMG_0165
I went to the market yesterday and bought some yummy chocolates.  There’s a rose, a mushroom (the spotted one) a cup of coffee (the one that looks like an eye), a chocolate covered cherry, and more!  I was super excited but they ended up costing me 11 euros (about $15)!! Oops…
IMG_0143
Though sometimes Spain is expensive, it can also be wonderously cheap.  The croissant and café con leche (half milk, half coffee, and smaller than a cup of coffee that they normally sell in the US) cost 1.20 euros together (less than $1.60-ish).  And the enormously monstrous bottle of water, three times as big as a regular bottle of water, cost .90 euros! Crazy!  But on the other hand, you get charged more than that in restaurants for a mini bottle of water, so I guess it balances out…

THE END


Second thought of the day:

Whoever thought of pancake stands was genious!  You can just walk up and buy a warm pancake filled with hidden chunks of suger, doused in chocolate and sprinkled with bananas or nuts... mmmmm

Thank you, Spain.

2 comments:

  1. haha yay! a post about food!! OMG the chocolates are so cute!!! They definitely look a lot more snazzy than ones in America. I like the rose the best :)
    and the croissant is HUGE! mmmmm. haha very good, you can enjoy the food there for me, I'm stuck at UT eating cafe food. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and forgot to tell you. Your postcard has arrived :)

    ReplyDelete